February 24, 2022
SNBC facilitated a tour for P&G and A*STAR for future collaboration
Sharing expertise – that’s what P&G researchers and senior management did when they spent an hour touring SCELSE’s labs.
SCELSE showcased a wide range of projects, encompassing the full spectrum of fundamental to translational research. This included biofilm-host interactions and its relevance in real-life contexts (e.g. air microbiome, human skin and gut, industrial settings, marine etc) as well as membrane modulation and antibiofilm technologies. In turn, P&G researchers highlighted their research in sustainability and hygiene. The two groups discussed potential synergies.
Stephan Schuster (SCELSE) shared insights into the ultra-low biomass studies (such as the air microbiome) conducted in Singapore and beyond.
“Collaboration is key to enabling research centres to innovate. Singapore National Biofilm Consortium (SNBC) plays a key role in enabling collaboration between academia and industry. We are happy to facilitate this meeting with P&G, SCELSE and other industry players keen to innovate in the areas of biofilm and microbiomes,” said Michel Birnbaum, SCELSE’s Director of Research Translation and Entrepreneurship.
This tour, which included presentations from 7 SCELSE researchers, was held on 24 Feb 2022 at SCELSE at NTU.
|Many thanks to the following SCELSE researchers for sharing their expertise: |
– Prof Stephan Schuster – Air microbiome
– Prof Stefan Wuertz – on various microbial monitoring projects in wastewater treatment plant and waterways.
– Dr James Ho- Biomatrix characterization and ways to understand mechanistic interactions within biofilms
– Dr Ezequiel Santillan – Examples of growing biofilms for specific purposes and modelling to have better representation of real-life situations
– Dr Foo Yong Hwee, Matthew S’NG – on spectra imaging of polysaccharide utilizing bacteria in biofilms
– Dr Stephen Summers, Prof Fei Xunchang (CEE, NTU) and Dr Stefano Bartolucci (from P&G)- on Circular Material Lab
February 24, 2022
SNBC facilitated a tour for P&G and A*STAR for future collaboration (L-R) Michel Birnbaum and Prof Staffan Kjelleberg (SCELSE and SNBC) welcome Tan...Learn More
By Dr Ezequiel Santillan Discussions on innovation in wastewater treatment are necessary more than ever as we move towards achieving the sustainable development...Learn More
October 28, 2021
Bringing together academics and industry members from both countries, the water webinar series aims to address problems relating to the water cycle,...Learn More
September 28, 2021
TechInnovation is coming up on 28-30 Sep 21! Themed 'a sustainable and resilient future', this FREE virtual conference will see #SingaporeNationalBiofilmConsortium showcasing cutting-edge...Learn More